Me myself and the Universe

A blog about my likes dislikes, thoughts on issues that touch me that are moral,psychological, philosophical, technological, scientific-practically universal. A stage for my thoughts to be put out to the universe through words, photographs, sketches and every other know form of communication that exists, limited by the digital environment of a blog!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Adieu dear friend.....



Speed, Fast and the Furious, 2Fast2Furious(say it fast without a pause)- No I am not making a list of super-paced action flicks, but those of you who are from CEPT know who I'm talking about! For those of you who don't, let me give you an brief and swift introduction to this Casanova! Here goes.....

A sturdy and healthy looking lad from the hills (not too different from Funsook Wangdoo of Three Idiots) who we never call Neepjyoti Das (we will call him Neep here, but lets just say he is called by the name given to a certain body part that all mammals on this planet have!), has been my room mate for the past three years. And three years have gone by fast


Why the obsession with speed? Well you could just say that Speed is Neep's middle name. He moves, talks, works, bathes, all as if, in a single breathe! Its as if he is carrying a ticking time bomb that he reprograms just before its about to blow! This Urban Planner is actually a Planner in literal terms! Planning everything in advance, not only for himself but even for others who are with him! 
 
He's been responsible for the variety of meat I have consumed  at some of the best eateries in the Old city(that's on the other side of the Sukhi nadi-Sabarmati!).  He is also our very own Master Chef(My other room mate is the regular chef and I'm the well, the Intern!) dishing out the most amazing Dal, Paneer Matar, Chicken curry and the inventor of our very own Lemon Tea(strong with extra sugar and lemon for my other roomie!). 


In a way he has been an inspiration, introducing me to new books, authors and brilliant movies that have helped me shape my opinions and choices. Always on a different track than everyone else in the room, his unmatched perspective and casual, practical intelligence never cease to impress me(Cool and hot in a single package!).


As I now write this, memories rush past me, memories of the time we spent in our hostel room; memories of our trip to Ladakh and more recently the one year spent after starting work in Ahmedabad.

Neep is now ready to leave many things behind and go back to his home in Assam, though not alone but engaged! I wish the couple good luck for this new journey and hope that all their dreams come true!

Finally a warning note to all the wild and domesticated animals of Assam, its time you migrated to a safer place (In short BHAGONN!!).

Cheers and God Bless!




8 comments:

  1. It was an amazing description of a very interesting personality in the campus.

    I would always remember all the discussions we had on different topics, in last two years. He is so well read, and for that reason very highly opinionated too. He remains mostly satirical towards me, but every time I talk to him he adds something new to my understanding, which I find most amazing. And yeah... He cooks amazing Chholey, I hope Trishna gets to eat some other amazing things too.

    He has immense capacities to do whatever he wants. I would miss him around. :) :)

    P.S.
    Kudos to you Rohit. You are writing really well, and straight from your heart. I have become a regular follower of your blog. Keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oww....Fantastically written with a perfect description...Neep, you are an awesome human being, and I am sure wherever you go, you will spread your knowledge and wisdom around...You and Trishna by far make the most good looking pair I have come across in CEPT in past 7 years. I wished I would have spent more time with you to learn few things from you..Nevertheless I am sure our paths will cross in this era somewhere, sometime..In the meantime, Life life to the most and keep smiling the way you always do...Will miss you and trishna a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. m not part of CEPT but i feel i knw ur friend very well aftr ur post! Nyc to c u tke out tym for a friend in dis manner. keep up d gud work..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As i read Neepjyoti(trough rohit), I am in Thesis era! Shrawan sir and Neep with FIGHT on his topic. Rightly said by Abhijeet he has different point of view always, some time bias :p. Neep i miss your accent, very typical way of pronunciation. We had great time together though not much!
    Do you remember i found your digi cam and kept it safe! :p Be the way you are and please tell Trishna to allow students to talk in exams :p
    Will see you in Assam :D All the best!
    After reading this i am in Farewell mode and emotional of not being in CEPT(THOSE TWO YEARS!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As i read Neepjyoti(through rohit) i am in thesis mode, Neep your fights/ discussions with Shrawan sir. Rightly said by Abhijeet, he has different opinion always but sometimes bias :P. I can also think of his very typical way of pronunciation.
    We had great time together though not much, i can say very little. Be the way you are! Please tell Trishna to allow students to talk during examination atleast subject like economics :D
    See you in Assam, so when are we going rohit!
    Enjoy! Please wash tees/ shirts after every use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) ohh..come'on Sayali! u all were talking soooo much! I had to sit on ur heads, yet this one gang wouldn't stop..So much for not allowing to talk during exams:P :P however, i will be more lenient next time if ever i invigilate any exams..esp in Economics..:)& will ensure Neep DOES HIS laundry!

    Anal Babes - u shot it a lil too high with the '7 years-stuff'..but flattery in all forms in alllllways acceptable!

    Datey, Neep is as much appreciative of ur knowledge as he is satirical..so there!

    Thank you all for your Kind words..Thanx Rohit for Starting this! :) you ALL will always remain in our lives..a geographical shift doesnt end anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heheh..com'on I was sitting on u guys head and u wouldnt stop talking...so much for me being strict! :) Thanx for the pointer i will ensure Neep DOES his laundry. Ananl Babes, u shot the flattery meter a lil too high with the 7-year stuff..but I m NOT complaining Flatter is ALWAAAYS welcome. and Datey, he is as appreciative of your Knowledge as he is satirical..so there!

    and Thank u Rohit for starting this..!!
    2Fast2Furious(without a pause)

    ReplyDelete